Thursday, October 16, 2008

Popping the Virtual Cherry

Welcome to the musings of a bigman. Why did I call it that? Well for the obvious reason, I m a rather large man.. During the 1980’s I was in the upper end of the average size for an NFL offensive lineman, or a small "Hog" for the Redskins. I have 'suffered' from ‘Baby Huey' syndrome most of my life.. Since I am a big guy, I have always been stereotyped as being dimwitted. I have used that to my advantage sometimes, by the time that someone figures out I am not stupid, I have usually taken their job or made them look incompetent.

I decided to start blogging because my family is tired of hearing my rants and my lovely spouse told me to start a blog to let off steam. I actually started a blog back in 2002 but I only wrote in it once or twice and let it languish. My good friend XMLHacker was one of the first in the blogosphere and talked me into it, but at the time I really didn’t have much to say.

This blog may or may not be read by friends, family, acquaintances, and strangers. I don’t really care, I will use it to help clear my mind and put some organization to my thoughts. Sometimes I will blog about politics, sports, current events or some strange thought line I have come up with.

A little more about me.. Like I said , I am large, some may find me intimidating, but that is their issue, not mine. I am married, I have four children, 3 girls and a boy. I am a voracious reader. I usually read two or more books at a time. I can put a book down, partially read for several, days, weeks, or even months. I can then pick it up start back where I was, know exactly what is going on and not have to go back to refresh my memory. I have an expansive memory, usually if I am interested in the subject or I want or need to use the information for my job, I remember EVERYTHING I read. Not exactly total recall, but close enough for Govt. work. I like to say that I am a cornucopia of useless information, I know or remember things that someone has no need to know.
I had to retire from Trivial Pursuit because no one would play with me. It even got so bad that we would play with my wife, children, two of our good friends, sometimes some of their friends and it would be all of them against me. I would still win.

I do not know how often I will be adding to the blog, if it will be regular or not. We will have to see how long this one will last..

No comments: