Monday, March 9, 2009

The Medium Three

I have a proverbial hair up my (as my old Drill Sgt used to say) 3 point contact. I am getting tired of hearing leftists and their sympathizers in the media say the following: "Detroit is in trouble because they aren't building the small fuel efficient cars Americans want to buy!" Horse hockey!!! Most if not all of the small cars that Detroit has tried to build have been miserable failures. Toyota and Nissan don't even build that many small cars for sale in the US any more!! In fact both Toyota and Nissan are now building a "Large" pick up truck. A 1/4 ton (F150, D1500, Sierra 1500 class) pick up truck. If Americans wanted small cars why are these traditional small car manufacturers making these large trucks and SUVs? If Americans wanted small cars then the SMART Car would be a break away best seller!! I think I had a go cart larger than one of these when I was a kid.. I saw one for the first time in Rotterdam, Sept 2001. I couldn't believe it.. That someone would actually drive a glorified golf cart. I have seen a few here in the states, but they aren't taking over... Just Greenie Weenies driving them. I wouldn't have the testicular fortitude to take one on I95 and I ride a Harley on it. At least on my Harley I can gun it and get out of trouble. I think these things have a Fred Flintstone Accelerator(I know I am dating myself)...

Detroit is in trouble because they have been paying protection to the Mob for the last 50 years, I mean the UAW.. Not much difference really... Now the appetite of the Mob, oops UAW, is getting too big. At last check,$1500.00 of every vehicle produced by Detroit is just to service Retirees Health Care.. Also the average employee of the Medium 3 makes $40.00 per hour. Auto employees in Alabama, Kentucky and South Carolina make $20.00.. No wonder they are failing.

Here is a statistic for you.. In 2004 GM had gross receipts of 1.4 Billion dollars and were 150 million in the red. Toyota the same year had gross receipts of 1.5 billion dollars and had a profit of 50 million... I wonder what the difference was?

No comments: